BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

7/15/11

Epic Rap Battle: Gandalf Vs. Dumbledore


With Harry Potter hitting the theater this weekend and millions of boys and girls creaming their pants in excitement, it seems only fitting that Nice Peter's newest Epic Rap Battle of History features Dumbledore.

I must admit, though I never thought I would be the outlier, that I have never read any of the Harry Potter and the Lightning Scar series. They are kids books, so it never occurred to me that I should pick them up. I understood then when parents started getting into it, wanting to know why their children were getting so obsessed, but it was when everyone between the ages of 15 and 40 filled in that I became confused. I still held to my belief that their was no reason for me to waste my time on books written for people with a 4th grade reading level (That's fact, don't get defensive).

The problem that I now find myself with is that the girlfriend loves Harry Potter. No, she's not a 4th grader, but she's into it. Thanks to whoever decided they should build The Wizarding World of Harry Potter at Universal Studios, I see a trip coming in my not too distant future. In order to not have an absolutely awful time, I figure I should at least read these damn books so I know what's going on. Thankfully, former bum J.K. Rowling has decided she will cave to pressure and offer e-books. Now I can read them on my Kindle without suffering the judgement of others out there like myself.



This is the first time I don't think I can pick a winner. Thoughts?

0 comments: